I found this recipe for paleo almond thins and veganized it! A gluten-free, vegan imitation wheat thin made from almond flour that is simply delicious. This recipe is for a double batch. They were so yummy I ate them all in two days!
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary
1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 325º
2. Mix all ingredients together in bowl
3. Shape dough into a flat square. Place between two pieces of parchment paper or silicone baking sheets. Roll to 1/8 inch thickness
5. Cut crackers to the desired size with knife or pizza cutter
6. Bake for 6 minutes, turn pan around 180º and bake for another 6 minutes or until golden brown
7. Remove from oven and let cool before tasting
1. I find with my oven turning the pan halfway through the baking process is key to getting all crackers golden brown. When I don’t turn the pan some come out extra brown and crispy while others are not fully cooked.
2. You can put the baking sheet or parchment paper on a baking tray, but then the crackers on the edge will be turned up instead of flat
3. Make it your own! Add your favorite herbs and spices to suit your taste or complement the accompanying dip