Aquafaba is an amazing vegan egg replacement that binds, leavens, whips emulsifies AND adds moisture! Of course, you can get it from a can of chickpeas, but it’s so much easier, cheaper and less wasteful to make your own. Now you just have to figure out how to eat all those chickpeas!
1. Soak however many chickpeas you want to make overnight
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas
3. Add chickpeas cover with water and bring to a boil. Use enough water that the chickpeas can move freely as they cook
4. Turn down to medium/low heat and cook for 1 hour. Add more filtered water if too much liquid evaporates before they finish cooking
5. Strain liquid into glass container with airtight lid, storing beans in separate container
6. Store in fridge for 3-4 days. Otherwise, pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Standard ice cube trays hold 2 TBSP in each well, take this into consideration when looking at recipes to use it in.
Learn more about aquafaba on the official site